Sunday 15 July 2012

Powder Contouring

IT Cosmetics 
'Live, Love, Laugh Vitality Face'
Contouring Using Powder Makeup 

 


 

Make-up contouring has always fascinated me. Whether your face is oval, round, square or diamond makeup can be used to 'sculpt' your face creating an illusion of a different shape - magic! 

Contouring can be achieved using liquid foundations, powders or concealers.  
After reviewing many Youtube videos such as this one (Tyra Banks contours in 5 mins) - Link!
I decided I would try my hand at contouring using powders first. 

The product i have purchased to begin powder contouring is IT Cosmetics Live, Love, Laugh Vitality Face compact makeup.  The compact is sectioned into 3 parts; a matte bronzer, rosy blush and shimmery highlighter.  The compact also comes with a handy built in mirror under the lid. 

To begin contouring I take a brush and dip it into the matte bronzer, i then brush a semi-hard bronze line beginning from under my cheekbone near my ear to the corner of my mouth.  I also use the bronzer lightly on my jaw and on the crown of my forehead.  Secondly I dip my brush into the rosy blush colour and brush this onto the apples of my cheek spreading the blush lighly upwards on my cheekbones (the colour is mostly concentrated on the apples of my cheek), lastly I use the highlighter above my cheekbones, under my eyes, on my brow bones, on the bridge of my nose (to create a slimmer, straighter nose). 

This is a great illustration of high and low contouring:





PRODUCT STAT REVIEW:
Packaging: 10/10 - easy to open flip top box
Design: 7/10 - convenient and useful
Originality: 6/10 - there are a few other compact contour kits on the market
Price: 5/10 - purchased for $45 AUD online
Effectiveness:  6/10 - creates a subtle difference
Fuctions as claimed (advertised): 10/10
Recommend to a friend: 5/10 - may not suit all skintones


* Important Tip : light colors will highlight features, emphasize and make them larger/more prominent, while dark colors will shade, create shadow, minimize, reduce/recede features and create the illusion of depth.


No comments:

Post a Comment